Show All Results
Location: NSW or VIC
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Account Manager - Digital Sales will manage assigned accounts and customers to achieve sales targets using a range of Digital Sales tools and strategies for prospecting and upselling/cross-selling to retain and acquire new business. They will be digitally savvy with an ability to adopt the use of the digital tools in their day to day sales activities and account planning. Working closely with the necessary Sales, Marketing, Customer Service & Technical Support, Logistics/Supply Chain, and Compliance colleagues in order to achieve a positive customer experience and deliver on sales targets.
In conjunction with the manager:
- Plan, organise, and manage defined sales accounts and customers primarily through the use of Digital Sales tools and proactive phone and email outreach in order to achieve sales targets
- Identify and target new growth points and new customers (acquisition)
- Retain and maintain current customers and ensuring their growth (retention, upsell/cross-sell)
- Actively manage all opportunities in the CRM (SFDC)
- Promote relevant services, solutions and capabilities aligned to strategic account plans and/or targeted campaign activities to identified customers
- Understand key customer issues, communicate and track appropriately, and continuously improve customer experience
- Provide market intelligence and feedback to team, Manager and Marketing team
- Work with key stakeholders in devising, executing and reviewing territory/customer strategies in line with the overall Business strategy and business unit focus areas
- Participate in ongoing learning programs and business networks to ensure technical and applications knowledge is current and aligned with the role’s focus and priorities
- Initiate, lead and/or manage any other special projects, additional activities and/or tasks as requested by their Manager
Who you are:
- Bachelor Science Degree - Majors in Biology, Chemistry or related fields
- Minimum 2 years scientific sales experience, preferably in academic research/government/hospital or Pharma/Biotech industries.
- Experience in a laboratory will be well regarded.
- Outbound call-selling and customer service skills
- High level of digital (including social media) savviness
- Outstanding communication skills with a pleasant phone manner
- Good logical thinking skills, flexible, proactive and enterprising
- Self-motivating team player with focus on achieving targets
- Ability and desire to learn new skills & technical knowledge
- Ability to adapt to change and try new sales tactics
- Proficient in MS Office suite, SAP, and other required programmes/systems
- Valid Driver’s License is a requirement
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company at its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html