Show All Results
Lab Supervisor 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Laboratory Supervisor 1 is responsible for supervision of all Associate Scientists and/or Lab Technicians. Molecular Laboratory Operations is a high efficiency, fast-paced laboratory within Biologics that delivers a series of biosafety assays. The Laboratory Supervisor will maintain a detailed understanding of our services, technical principles, and applications. You will be responsible for oversight and overall management of the lab as well as overall lab metrics.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct supervision to Associate Scientists and/or Laboratory Assistants. Meet with direct reports to set goals, conduct regular one-on-one discussions with employees, ensure development plans are in place for all employees and address personnel issues promptly
- Interview and hire new candidates and complete performance reviews fairly and timely
- Act as point of contact for departmental training, ensuring training modules are up to date and training matrix reflects staff capabilities
- Responsible for compliance of studies under the principles of GxP
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Review study data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness of documentation
- Lead the use and maintenance of scientific equipment and instrumentation, computer systems; Ensure that they are kept in a calibrated / validated state and part 11 compliant
- Conduct detailed scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance. Timely documentation all aspects of the investigations
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental
- Periodically evaluate laboratory procedures, system controls and technical documentation such as SOPs and batch records to ensure compliance
- Participate in division-wide initiatives including Quality systems improvements, trans-divisional SOPs revisions, Lean projects, etc.
- Assist in site visits (Technical and QA), complete client requests and address site visit/ audit findings in a timely manner
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed
Who You Are:
- Master’s Degree in a scientific field (Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 2+ years’ working in a laboratory – OR –
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific field (Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 4+ years working in a laboratory experience – OR –
- GED or High School Diploma and 9+ years working in a laboratory
- 1+ years of supervisory/team lead experience in a GxP laboratory setting
- Relevant working knowledge and experience in area supervising
- Highly, technically competent
- Experience working in a regulated setting
- Experience working in molecular biology laboratory
- Effective supervisory, coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Excellent time management skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html