Show All Results
Technical Project Manager (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a Technical Project Manager within the Strategy and Transformation team, you are a critical business partner for our Life Science Sector and will be accountable for the planning and delivery of strategic projects and programs. The Projects/Programs are significant in size and are usually of a complex nature. They will require detailed planning across all functions, alignment between multiple stakeholders and effective communication at all levels within the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring the use of formal project/program management processes and tools in accordance Merck’s standards, to manage internal/external resources, budget, risks and scope. As part of the project/program reporting and communication, you will have exposure to upper management.
You contribute to the development and execution of the LS manufacturing and distribution strategy and will work with business and functional partners, to develop options for the technical and operational realisation of business initiatives. You will build robust proposals enabling management decisions on investment, guide projects though approval processes and lead the overall execution of these initiatives
The position is located at Darmstadt in Germany.
Who you are:
- BS degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related engineering/science field
- You have >5 years of professional experience in project/program management
- Project Management experience
- You are business fluent in English and German
- You have a university degree in life sciences or engineering, MBA preferred
- PMP or PgMP certification is required
- You are fluent in English and have a profound knowledge of quality regulations
- You have demonstrated that you can engage stakeholders, extract and refine business and technical requirements of an initiative. You are experienced in building detailed project proposals and the supporting business cases to enable leadership approval
- Experience implementing projects in a chemical process plant environment
- Experience in industrial process plant construction and construction safety practices, chemical piping and equipment installation practices
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM (Process Safety Management) requirements and direct experience in chemical plant safety programs
- Experience in carrying out small to large capital projects (between $10MM - $100MM) using various execution strategies including use of engineering design, construction and procurement (EPC) and/or design-build (DB) contracts
- Knowledge of robust project engineering systems as well as strong awareness and sensitivity to the complexities and safety challenges of implementing specialty materials manufacturing processes
- Validated ability to solve sophisticated problems and deal with a variety of situations while maintaining expected cost, schedule, quality and scope
- Wide range of PC software skills needed to effectively run project timelines and spending
- You have excellent communication skills in order to manage the stakeholders
- You have the ability to set up effective project teams/-structures and set realistic, challenging objectives for the project team and effectively lead teams to achieving those project goals
- You can analyze complex situations in order to develop solutions
- You are result driven, inclusive and can identify required resources and stakeholder
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html