Show All Results
Sales Associate, Academics West (Remote)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is seeking an Academic Associate Sales Rep (SA) to support the growth strategy of the division. This position is responsible for selling all MilliporeSigma's Life Science products to include Sigma-Aldrich Chemicals and Millipore filtration products for the academic west region. This position sells approximately 400,000 products to researchers in the academic market. The Associate Sales Rep works under direction of the Regional Sales Director and all of the Account Sales Reps to maintain and grow the entire region. SA acting as a daily liaison between our customers and the company. The ideal location for this position is in the San Francisco Bay or San Diego area. Travel 25% for national sales meetings and training sessions to meet the sales objectives.
The SA is an entry level Sales position designed to learn on the job with guidance from the Account Sales Reps and Regional Sales Director. The SA is responsible for implementing and driving defined business plans and associated activities that are deemed necessary to achieve all sales goals and sales forecast. The SA will work as a team to resolve and assign appropriate activities and opportunities for this position.
- The SA will complete all necessary administrative requirements based on established timelines. This will include, but is not limited to, pipeline management, maintaining necessary corporate databases, responding to and sending necessary communications by email, phone, and fax, attending all required meetings and teleconferences, and others as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Run the overall distribution relationship within your territory to include - but not limited to - account POA’s (Plan of Action), business reviews, and training.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and use this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to contribute to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work to direct service issues to the appropriate corporate resource to assure resolution satisfactory to the affected customer(s).
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the company.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other Life Science discipline
- 1 year of working in a lab or experience with data analysis
- Experience working in a Life Science laboratory at an academic account or life science or chemistry research and/or related laboratory experience
- Sales experience is preferred
- Currently located or able to self-relocate to near the San Francisco Bay area.
- Good time management skills in performing and executing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs.
- Driven and Self-motivated as you will be strategizing as a team but often completing on your own.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability with Excel, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, and proficiency with digital tools in a business environment.
- General understanding of the Life Science Research marketplace and market business trends
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html