Show All Results
2nd shift Manufacturing Supervisor
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Supervisor is accountable for the efficient daily production of DNA and RNA products; activities supporting training, supervision, coaching, and motivation of employees; flow of materials, maintenance of equipment, control of operating costs, raw material utilization, and maintenance of safety and quality standards.
- Supervise and mentor up to 10 employees.
- Perform manufacturing tasks including processing production runs, operating equipment, and cleaning activities as needed to ensure quality and timely shipment of products.
- Follow all safety guidelines in associated work instructions.
- Ensure the department is maintained in a state of audit readiness per safety and 5 S guidelines.
- Communicate and document potential safety hazards and work to minimize or eliminate.
- Identify training needs and ensure training records meet quality requirements.
- Ensure routine quality verifications and housekeeping/sanitation tasks are performed as scheduled and ensure data requirements are met.
- Ensure all employees are following work instructions associated with assigned tasks.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, and orienting employees, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Conduct regular meetings with direct reports (group and individual).
- Exhibit tact and consideration to all employees and follow through on commitments.
- Promote open dialogue between employees, ensure effective shift transfers and be proactive in resolving conflicts.
- Assign team members priorities to optimize productivity and deliver on weekly assignments. Utilize individuals within the team to make most effective use of their skills, while balancing duties.
- Manage departmental performance measures and provide regular progress reports to Manager.
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 30 pounds.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, respirator, face shield, safety, etc.
- This position is 2nd shift hours- Monday- Friday 4 pm- 1230 am.
Who you are:
- Associates Degree in any field.
- 3+ years Leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Skilled with diagnosing and resolving problems with products, methods, and equipment.
- Ability to design test plans and drive a Blue Belt/Kaizen project or event.
- Experience creating metric reports for production using Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of CPP, Mango, and SAP.
- Knowledge of leading risk assessments and change controls.
- In-depth understanding of processes, such as modification structures, molecular weight calculations or complex formulation calculations.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html