Show All Results
Head of Global Process & Technology (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As part of the transformation of the Integrated Supply Chain Operations (ISCO) organization, we continue to develop and expand our capabilities in Engineering and Technology, to ensure flawless initiative execution, deployment of best technologies and efficient use of our assets. This team is responsible for boosting our capabilities in investment execution and technology deployment with focus on supporting growth through the development
of our roadmaps for core processing and manufacturing technologies, supporting our overall growth plan and breakthrough improvements in COGS and working capital efficiencies, manufacturing agility & revenue realization (NPI).
As the Head of Process & Technology, you will
- Develop technology strategy and roadmap for core processing technologies for life science including Chemical formulation and processing technology, Solids processing and chromatography media, Filling packing material storage and movement, Lab and Analytical testing , Membrane technology, Biologics processing, Mechanical assembly and discrete production automation, Single use manufacturing technology, sterilization etc
- Work with value stream leadership and business / R&D to develop best in class industrialization strategies for existing and new products. Develop proof of principle, scale up strategy and technical process specifications for manufacturing processes to support engineering design into realization.
- Lead global, regional and cross region teams of technologists, scientists and engineers to scout , develop and prove out advanced manufacturing technologies for key LS product families
- Establish global technology ownership & cross site standardization on core manufacturing technologies through application of C.O.E strategy
- Develop and deploy automation solutions for product manufacture and packaging. Build & execute Automation roadmap for targeted areas of high FTE and volume growth.
- Lead teams of project and program managers to prioritize technology development efforts, plan and budget expenditure, manage technology initiative portfolio and ensure development initiative progress within budget limitations to success criteria, through go / no go stage gated development processes
- Ensure process safety, and environmental risk identification and risk prevention/ mitigation is integrated into all development work and all manufacturing work processes developed
- Provide technology governance on key systems implemented across the ISCO network
Who You Are:
- Technical degree to minimum master’s level in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical), Physical sciences or chemistry, (PhD preferred); MBA would be a major advantage.
- 10+ years Process engineering / Process development/ Process industrialization roles. Proven experience leading the development of new to Merck and new to world processing technologies. Multi-site, multi-region experiences an advantage
- 7+ years management experience in management of technical professionals (research scientists / process engineers)
- Experience in managing end to end process / product development from ideation, through Proof of principle, pilot, scale up and transition to manufacturing. Strong experience desired in collaboration of process development with NPI & R&D groups.
- Experienced in successful joint development efforts with external research institutes/ universities Experience within an Operations or operations technical support function in Life Science or Electronics materials business desired.
- Innovation: able to inspire, lead and support teams in achieving breakthrough technical and scientific solutions to processing / manufacturing challenges
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success in the development and application in manufacturing of new and enhanced process technologies
- Strong experience working in agile, international and matrix setups. You are perseverant and convincing to drive organizational change through influencing in matrix setups and across different organizational units and cultures.
- Proven track record of managing multiple global projects in parallel with a high degree of autonomy.
- Strong project management skills, including experience with matrix teams and building consensus across all levels of the organization
- Strong cross-functional communication and networking abilities across both Operations Business & R&D communities, as well as external service and solutions providers
- Experienced in building global technical organizations with combination of internal resources, external talent acquisition, and external partnering
- Strong business acumen, proven skills in structured problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English mandatory). Experience in developing compelling, fact driven technical content of business cases and securing investment decisions from executive leadership.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html