Show All Results
Head of Projects & Engineering - Chemical Projects (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As part of the transformation of the Integrated Supply Chain Operations (ISCO) organization, we continue to develop and expand our capabilities in Engineering and Technology, to ensure flawless initiative execution, deployment of best technologies and efficient use of our assets.
This team will work with Value Stream and G.P.O leadership to identify and develop best solutions for investment decisions and have a critical role in meeting our customer needs and achieving our overall LS growth strategy by providing the necessary capacity and manufacturing capability across our network
As the Head of Project Management & Engineering for Chemical Projects, you will develop the future engineering and project management organization for ISCO and lead a team of project management professionals and engineering managers who will :
- Define, clarify, gain approval for, and execute portfolio of Capex investment projects ranging from €2M to €300M each
- Manage end to end project planning and execution and guide full technical teams (Engineering, P&T, Quality, Operations, EHS, Procurement etc) in execution of investment, tech transfer, network optimization, and new product industrialization initiatives.
- Manage initiatives to ensure achievement of success criteria (Safety/ Quality, project cost / schedule etc) to committed targets.
- Lead regional engineering teams of engineering disciple resources for definition, execution, commissioning and handover of capex initiatives
- Manage external service providers and contractors in execution of projects. Coordinate tender assessment , vendor selection , consultant partner development , design management (concept / Basic / Detailed)
- Develop and apply best in class Project management and Engineering capabilities
- Manage resource planning, recruitment and allocation across initiative portfolio. Support development and execution of initiatives outside of own product portfolio/ region to ensure successful manufacturing regionalization
- Work with Smart Manufacturing and process and technology teams to integrate best in class technologies into investment initiatives to enhance productivity, yield , quality, manufacturing agility into future operations .
- Ensure safe and complaint project execution and integrations of sustainability measures into investment initiatives
- Ensure accurate tracking ,and executive level reporting on initiative progress, cost, safety , quality , compliance etc . Ensure application of appropriate risk management and risk mitigation techniques
Who You Are:
- Technical degree to minimum Bachelor level in Engineering, (Master’s level preferred) - MBA would be a major advantage.
- PMP certified or similar project management certification
- 10+ years in project execution roles. Proven experience leading the development and execution of investment initiatives in operations/ supply chain environment. Multi region experience an advantage
- 7+ years management experience in management of technical professionals (engineers, project / program managers) technical and or project management roles
- Experience in managing projects > €10M Capex. Direct experience in managing project of value > €80M an advantage
- Experience in contract management, external contractor negotiation, change management
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English mandatory). Experience in developing compelling, fact driven technical content of business cases and securing investment decisions from executive leadership.
- Experience within an Operations or operations function Life Science/Healthcare business desired.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success in the development and execution of investment programs and projects
- Proven track record of managing multiple global projects in parallel with a high degree of autonomy.
- Strong project management skills, including experience with matrix teams and building consensus across all levels of the organization
- Strong cross-functional collaboration capabilities and influencing skills across business and operations, functional groups and across regions
- Demonstrated experience in identification, selection, and development of external partners (engineering consultants, contractors, equipment providers)
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills, results driven, motivator of people.
- Experienced in building global technical organizations with combination of internal resources, external talent acquisition, and external partnering
- Strong business acumen, proven skills in structured problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html