Show All Results
Associate Quality Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Quality Scientist will perform Quality Control activities in support of GMP products, including routine testing and peer review of raw materials, intermediate and final products, and stability samples. This position is based in St. Louis, will work M-F, 7-4.
- Ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements
- Monitor incoming RMs for test prioritization
- Communicate testing status
- Understand the tangentially includes coordination of our qualification/requalification program-- from a QC perspective (again, test prioritization, communication with MSQM on test status, wrap up of paperwork once testing is completed)
- Resolve which tests can be performed on site and which require send out
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of the Supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements
- Interface across multiple departments and with external customers
- Participate, as needed, in quality audits.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis
- Review of final assays and procedures
- Document and review lab investigations through Trackwise Reports, Out-Of-Specification, Out-of-Trend procedures
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles in compliance with change control procedures
- Identify and participate in process improvements under the mentorship of a Supervisor, Manager or Sr. Scientist
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or other life science discipline
- 1+ years’ of experience in a GMP pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or other life science industry
- General laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of aseptic operations
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html