Show All Results
Head of Sales, China
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The position can be based in different locations: Shanghai (preferably) or Beijing
- Lead and manage sales activities of Surface Solution in China.
- Responsible and accountable of China region Sales, Contribution Margin, Top & bottom line;
- Reporting line: Commercial Head Surface Solutions, Asia
- Drive growth & sales performance across products and to deliver on agreed targets
- Lead Sales & Cost management by optimizing resource allocation and priorities in order to maximize profitability
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Lead the whole sales cycle from lead to cash for the region
- Analyze market trends and discover new opportunities for growth, consolidate the VOC and bring back to marketing into actionable items
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer including distributors relationships through working collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement
- Provide outstanding customer service through prompt and accurate support and advice
- Evaluate market research, competitor and customer surveys and execute strategies in line with evaluations
- Strong collaboration with regional marketing and customer excellence with aspirational and ambitious objectives and support
Who you are:
- Masters or Bachelors in Engineering/technology and Business Administration
- 10+ years’ experience in leading Sales Organization of revenue @ 50M euro
- Highly assertive personality to take China into a leapfrog growth mode;
- Highly experienced in stakeholder management on senior management and executive level
- Understanding of Surface Solutions, Electronics and global businesses is highly appreciated, as this allows for benchmarking and best practice transfer
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong analytical skills, big picture thinking and ability to work with international as well as in global virtual teams
- Leadership experience, preferably with experience in managing change
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations within a multi-cultural organization
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as salesforce, market, outreach etc.)
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity, initiative, honesty and leadership
Functional Area: Commercial
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html