Show All Results
Principal Device Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As the Principal Device Engineer, you will join our team to understand how novel devices, integration schemes and stacks impact materials performance to enable neuromorphic computing and in-memory computing architectures. In this position, you will be responsible for electrical characterization and device understanding to develop new classes of advanced non-volatile memory technology device solutions.
This position is based at our site in San Jose, CA.
- Perform experimental evaluations of emerging memory cell operating window and construct a Pareto of device mechanism limiting product performance & reliability.
- Contribute to the architecture and process definition for groundbreaking emerging memory cell, by sharing a point of view in device physics and array operation.
- Propose and evaluate new device modes and algorithms to enable future memory technology scaling roadmap.
- Analyze cell performance and reliability data collected across automated test platforms, including live array and scribe test structures.
- Build statistical models to correlate phenomenological stack properties to the process and electrical parameters, to Help in building physical model and to explain device/stack properties
- Understand device integration and characterization of semiconductor devices.
- Collaborate effectively with process, integration, materials, reliability, and design teams, to address memory cell deficits and deliver improvement roadmaps.
- Provide project status updates to the team and management at a regular cadence.
- An opportunity to break new ground building on EMD Electronics’ foundational materials and devices expertise.
- We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
- We trust you with responsibility early on and support your own career aspirations in alignment with work-life priorities and balance.
Who You Are:
- A strategic thinker capable of drawing the big picture
- A pioneering, hands-on personality and have an appetite for starting a strategic activity within a corporate setting
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, semiconductor physics or material science
- 5+ years (8+ years preferred) of related semiconductor industry experience
- Deep understanding of nonvolatile memory device physics and processes.
- PhD in electrical engineering, semiconductor physics or material science
- Experience with emerging NVM is preferred.
- Understanding of statistical methods for experiment design and data analysis.
- Experience in coding & scripting (e.g., Python, Perl, C / C++, etc.), data analysis software (e.g., JMP), and device modeling tools (e.g., Spice, TCAD)
- Familiarity with design of device test modules and layout
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html