Show All Results
Process Safety Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Your Role: In Automated Analytical System (AAS) Services, part of the Standards Organization for Process & Analytical, you will collaborate with the Engineering team, Global Product Management for Analytics, and other groups for all process design topics. You will also interact closely with Safety, Process development, standards organization(s) in performing the responsibilities of this position. You will be responsible for implementing the best-known methods into EMD Electronics process standards.
The responsibility will include:
- Develop P&ID diagrams working closely with project process engineers, Global Analytical Team (GAT) and Integration team, taking additional focus on the appropriate safety considerations.
- Providing and updating global systems and standardized procedures (SOP) especially process related engineering standards and design documents, again with an emphasis on the safety perspective.
- Developing and maintaining standardized process packages for frequently used process and sub-processes
- Developing and facilitating trainings and lessons learned sessions with site and project teams
- Support projects and bring experience and best practices to be implemented in Process/Safety standards
- Facilitate the assessment of process safety through Design Hazard Review (DHR) and Operational Plant Hazard Review (OPHR) activities
- Working as part of a global engineering team with global activities.
The preferred location for this role is Allentown, PA. However, it can be located at any of our US Electronics sites or fully remote with periodic travel to meet with key partners.
This position may require up to 20% of travel – both domestic and international.
Who You Are:
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (other Engineering background will be considered based on abilities)
- 5+ years process engineering experience in the chemical industry (e.g., fine/specialty chemicals, petrochemical, base chemicals, specialty gases)
- Good communication in English (spoken / written)
- 5+ years process engineering experience in semiconductor material production
- Familiar with engineering documents (e.g., P&IDs) and international code/standard such as ISO, API, IEC, NFPA, ATEX, IECEx, etc.
- Basic understanding of process safety principles and procedures
- Basic knowledge in chemical equipment and machinery
- Experience as a member of Hazard reviews
- Proven ability to provide technical standards
- Code expertise for our key regions (US and Asia)
- Solid understanding of Quality Systems (Change Control, Documentation Management) includes writing and routing the Change Request in the Document Management System
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and the ability to interact effectively with people in all areas of the company including project management, plant operations, quality, purchasing, and product management
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Good communication, teaching and coaching skills required
- Experience in companies with excellent process/safety engineering function is desirable
- Experience in working in a matrix environment, connecting with remote team members, project managers, and other functions
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html