Show All Results
Quality Engineering Supervisor - A Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We are seeking a motivated Quality Engineering Supervisor to support device manufacturing at the Jaffrey Manufacturing site. This position will manage a small team of Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians and oversee three rapidly growing manufacturing work centers, partnering with Operations, Engineering, Product Management (Marketing) and EHS. The candidate’s ability to apply fundamental engineering techniques and lean/six sigma principles to improve product performance is crucial to this role. The Supervisor will provide guidance and mentorship to their growing team of quality engineers and quality technicians.
In addition to the supervisory requirements, the candidate will also be responsible for providing day-to-day Quality Engineering support for a fast-paced device manufacturing operation, including:
- Evaluation of out-of-specification conditions and providing mentorship for the disposition of non-conforming product and raw materials
- Leading quality investigations (RCA and CAPA management)
- Perform statistical analysis and trending to assess and monitor product/process performance
- Working with multi-functional teams to set the requirements to support product and process modifications; ensuring that Change Control requirements are met based on internal company procedures and applicable industry standards and regulations
- Lead and participate in the creation of risk assessments (product and process- FMEA)
- Participate in product validation and equipment qualifications by establishing acceptance criteria, statistical sampling plans, data analysis, and write validation protocols and reports
- Build / revise Standard Operating Procedures, Test Methods, and other documents
- A Shift: Monday - Friday 8AM - 4PM
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in a Scientific, Engineering, or Technical discipline
- 2+ years' of Quality Engineering experience
- Leadership experience in an FDA regulated environment (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device)
- Understanding or experience with ISO & FDA regulations (such as 21 CFR 820, 210 & 211)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quality investigations including root cause analysis and determining corrective / preventative actions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with Customers and at all levels and functions of the organization
- Pragmatic risk-based decision maker with strong problem-solving ability
- Collaborative and motivated team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices
- Experience with relevant data analysis software (i.e., Minitab)
- Working knowledge of Electronic Quality Systems (CAPA, Change Control, Documentation Management)
- Black Belt or Green Belt
- ASQ or CQE
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html