Show All Results
Account Manager Tissue Diagnostics
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory (MN, WI, CO, NE, ND, SD, IA, IL) through effective execution of business and sales strategy, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned territory. Account Managers will create and implement campaigns, promotions, and customer trainings to strengthen current relationships, while developing and expanding new business. Responsible for managing effective pricing strategies, and relationships. Job responsibilities may include:
- Prepare and implement tactical business and travel plans utilizing selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills
- Maintain regular customer communication and relationships, and record all activities in company CRM and other tools designated by manager
- Provide market intelligence to team and management via monthly reports, team meetings, and other requests
- Provide territory forecast and opportunity tracking in SFDC
- Utilize sales analysis tools, and other available marketing and industry reference tools to manage customers, identify trends, and drive proper sales activities and recommend business decisions
- Compose and deliver technical presentations and training regarding Tissue Diagnostics portfolios to a broad range of audiences
- Act as primary contact to customers, and liaison with other departments as needed to fulfill customer needs
- Develop relationships with wide range of points of contacts within each customer facility including pathologist, lab manager, technician, purchaser etc.
- Complete sales, marketing, and presentation projects as directed with limited oversight
- Contribute to overall company performance through target achievement and strategy execution, contribution of market and product knowledge to drive future strategy
- Work within organization to solve customer problems, and provide solutions for future improvement
Travel up to 50% in the assigned territory, as well as occasional travel to HQ, meetings, or tradeshows.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Business discipline with 3+ years of work experience in sales, marketing, or a lab environment
- High School Diploma or GED with 5+ years of work experience in sales, marketing, or lab environment
- Experience in Life Science or Healthcare industry
- Excellent public speaking and oral and written business and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Pathology, Immunohistochemistry, and other staining modalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, SFDC, sales analytics tools, webinar platforms
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a degree of independence
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all areas and levels within customer organization, as well as with internal colleagues
- Networking skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and overcome obstacles
- Sound decision making in line with company expectations and policies
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Data driven, strong analytical skills using data to make sound recommendations and business decisions
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html