Show All Results
Account Manager, San Francisco, CA
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a field sales account manager covering the San Francisco and bay area territory your main responsibilities will be to manage, develop and grow the MilliporeSigma DXRM (Diagnostics & Regulated Materials) business within named Diagnostic accounts in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA territory. A key aspect of this role will be to seek out new business opportunities within the territory and to work closely with MilliporeSigma support teams to ensure that financial targets are realized. A strong customer focus is critical to ensure that the customer’s needs are both understood and managed in a proactive and professional manner.
- Meets or exceeds sales targets
- Provides detailed and accurate forecasts at scheduled intervals
- Grows the business by presenting MilliporeSigma products and services
- Understands the customer’s applications and commercial needs to advance new opportunities
- Coordinates with all sales channels (including distributors where appropriate) to ensure all opportunities are realized
- Monitors and understands competitor’s market and product positions
- Participates in trade shows and presents product and technical information at seminars
- Provides commercial and technical support on critical raw materials used in diagnostics tests
- Coordinates all customer enquiries, plant audits and contract negotiations
- Travel 25% visiting customers within the assigned territory (San Francisco Bay Area, CA)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology or Business (Biology, Chemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar degree)
- 2+ years of experience in sales or in a sales supporting role
- 1+ years of experience/knowledge in the Diagnostic or similar industry
- 5+ years of experience in Diagnostic sales
- Experience/knowledge in the development and functionality of immunodiagnostic assays
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Commercial acumen to negotiate long term supply agreements
- Highly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimum direction
- Self-starter, proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be autonomous and to work in a multicultural environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html