Show All Results
Standards Manufacturing-Formulation Technician
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the Standards Manufacturing-Formulation Technician is responsible for the preparation of reference standard solutions, raw/neat material aliquots, calibration curves and check standards to support catalog, customer-specific products, and Certification and Stability programs for the Round Rock sites’ raw materials and finished product. Execute and complete the preparation of reference standard solutions and neat material aliquots as designed and documented to produce finished products and to meet production goals. initiate forms or batch records as needed for projects and review all batch records and forms to ensure completeness and correctness of all information prior to execution.
- Ensure on-time project completion, communicate any delays, and make sure that the work is performed per the requirements of the customer, in compliance with MilliporeSigma Quality and Safety policies and good housekeeping practices.
- Prepare reference standard solutions, calibration curves and neat material aliquots.
- Complete all projects as designed and documented to produce finished products and meet production goals.
- Prepare batch records and revise forms based on scheduling to support catalog remakes, new products, CIL and customer specific reference standards.
- Assume and move projects through the product management system (PMS) to the appropriate department upon initiation and completion.
- Identify, organize and facilitate accessibility of supplies for upcoming projects.
- Update the Manager and/or Team Lead on project status and on any issues and concerns, or when production targets cannot be achieved.
- Update departmental and operational spreadsheets daily to monitor manufacturing progress towards the master production schedule.
- Write batch records and forms to support catalog and/or custom production and function as a reviewer of such documentation and then assist in direct training and/or mentoring of staff through the proficiency testing program and project-specific related requirements.
- This is a 1st shift role, Mon- Fri 8 am- 5 pm.
- Wear PPE such as gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, respirators and face shields.
- Work with chemicals such as flammable solvents, carcinogens, dioxins, and corrosives and general processing equipment.
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 30lbs.
Who You Are:
- Associate Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or similar Science discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience lab work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or similar Science discipline.
- Be quality-oriented and pay attention to the small details.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills and computer skills.
- Ability to write technical documents such as batch records, procedures, and reports.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html