Show All Results
Federal Government Tactical Bid Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is looking for a Federal Government Tactical Bid Manager. This talented individual will be a remote member of the Federal Government team assisting with Federal Government bids.
This is a remote opportunity where the individual will work East Coast hours.
- Identify contract opportunities in bid portals such as sam.gov, DIBBS, FedConnect, Unison Marketplace
- Work closely with various stakeholders throughout the company to assess capability fits for contract opportunities (specialists, product managers, bulk/custom groups, tech service, legal, supply chain)
- Develop compelling, compliant, and high-scoring proposals in response to bids
- Maintain dashboards and reports in Salesforce to create visibility of status on all proposal efforts
- Maintain a broad understanding and application of company capabilities and their importance to customers
- Develop a deep understanding of MilliporeSigma’s product offerings and appropriateness of portfolio “fits” for targeted government agencies
- Provide insights and reporting to the strategic bid manager to better execute on strategic priorities and secure more bid wins
- Identify and, where appropriate, secure potential third party teaming partners with a clear understanding of their complementary value
- Articulate corporate value propositions to partners and customers
- Manage multiple proposals simultaneously with varying deadlines
- Coordinate with leadership to establish priorities and identify any resource constraints
- Ensure that all RFP format specifications have been followed and meet all proposal deadlines
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED with 3+ years of federal government bid/contract experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for a degree in a science-related field, particularly chemistry or biology
- Ability to manage time and priorities independently
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to influence/educate others to gain buy in for support
- Ability to understand a complex range of products and their best “fit” for various government agencies
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and planning skills required for successful project management
- Proven ability to work and succeed under minimal supervision
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html