Show All Results
Internship Access to Health
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Merck Access to Health team enables access to Merck’s Healthcare portfolio in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) through shared value initiatives that create sustainable business by addressing public health barriers. We are looking for an intern who is ready to apply global public health knowledge and skills to support the impact evaluation of our access initiatives in LMICs. The intern will assist in writing reports, conducting research, analyzing data, and making recommendations to improve the impact evaluation of Merck’s access initiatives. This will be a valuable experience for any student pursuing a career in global health.
- Analyze external industry benchmarks, business objectives and needs for impact evaluation
- Map of relevant key performance indicators for Merck access to health programs
- Research and analyze data to identify patterns and trends
- Assist in the development of an impact evaluation protocol and key performance indicator database for Merck access to health initiatives in low- and middle-income countries
- Identify opportunities to integrate impact evaluation of access initiatives in business processes
- Support internal and external communication of results from the impact evaluation of access initiatives
- Additional support for the A2H team's work as needed
- Master’s degree in Global Health/Data Analytics or similar degree
- English fluency required, other languages a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other data analytic software proficiency highly recommended
- High interest in access to healthcare in developing countries
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to interact with business partners
- Eager to learn, flexible, and adapts well to change or pressure
- Integrate theory and practice in impact evaluation and project management
- Apply interests and abilities in the fields of Global Health and Impact Evaluation
- Develop communication, interpersonal and other critical skills in a multinational corporation
- Build work experience in Global Health
What A2H offers
- Project-based work and practical experience with varied business activities
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished business professionals
- Opportunity to attend business meetings and networking events
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html