Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As part of the overall Merck strategy to drive quality-based, cost-efficient, and timely service delivery, this role will be part of the MBS Employee Services organization based in Manila. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing tactical and operational HR support for specific country stakeholders from the NA region. This role will report to the Regional Operations Head for APAC and NA overseeing Tier 2 HR functions such as case management and customer inquiry handling, data management, personnel administration, organization management, reporting and vendor management. As part of the overall Merck strategy to drive quality-based, cost-efficient, and timely service delivery, this role will be part of the MBS Employee Services organization based in Manila. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing tactical and operational HR support for specific country stakeholders from the NA region. This role will report to the Regional Operations Head for APAC and NA overseeing Tier 2 HR functions such as case management and customer inquiry handling, data management, personnel administration, organization management, reporting and vendor management.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and operational support on defined HR functionalities anchored on KPIs and SLAs focused on quality, timeliness and responsiveness.
- Proactively collaborate with country and regional stakeholders in the execution of HR services.
- Work with the local HR Operations team based in the NA region in the sustained and smooth delivery of HR services (data management, payroll and benefits administration, HR reporting, recruitment, learning and development, employee communications).
- Work with HR Business Partners, Centers of Excellence stakeholders for Talent Development and Talent Acquisition to realize country-specific people priorities and align on program implementation as needed.
- Proactively and accurately gather payroll and personnel related information.
- Maintain and administer employee information on HR systems such as SuccessFactors/SAP (as needed).
- Actively partner and work with the Regional Operations Head to achieve the agreed upon performance and developmental objectives.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement and work on constructive feedback
- Identify any knowledge gaps and escalate concerns to the Regional Operations Head and/or the Global Head for General Administration.
- Ensure that customer expectations are addressed professionally, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to work schedule requirements and operation hours in-order to fulfil real time business requirements
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Business Administration or Information Management.
- Preferably 3 to 5 Years minimum professional experience specializing in an HR Operations or HR Generalist function from a Shared Services or BPO organization.
- Understanding and experience in the use of HR systems and tools (i.e. Employee Central, MyLearning, SAP P40, PeopleSoft, Workday, Success Factors, Taleo, etc.).
- Understanding and experience in the use of Case Management systems and tools (i.e. BMC Remedy, Service Now, Neocase, etc.).
- Experience in lean six sigma or any other operational excellence or project management method is desirable but not a must.
- Adequate experience in using MS Office applications. Desired knowledge and expertise on Macros.
- Night Shift: 8:30PM to 5:30 PM/9:30PM to 5:30PM during DST
- Able to adapt to a fast-pace environment.
- Perform timely, accurately and effectively to deliver with a constant and demanding workload.
- Create a good level of HR knowledge (Merck policy and procedures, knowledge base articles, etc.) as required for the role.
- Able to decide effectively in managing and resolving requests/issues (cases) raised by employees, managers and local HR in a quick and effective way and when to escalate to senior advisors/Regional Head.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html