Show All Results
Manager, NA E&L Laboratory
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and laboratory staff members in the North American Validation Services E&L Laboratory.
In our fast-growing Extractables and Leachables organization you will support the team in providing best-in-class services to our biopharmaceutical customers. You will lead the North America E&L Laboratory team to achieve business objectives, deliver customer satisfaction at the highest level, and continuously improve processes and workflows to support growth expectations and increase business performance. This position encompasses service effectiveness and efficiency reviews, operational and technological development, continuous quality improvement and hands-on people management to drive our E&L testing services into the future.
Testing includes but is not limited to extractables and leachables analysis incorporating LC-MS, GC-MS, NVR, TOC, FTIR, and RP-HPLC separation and identification techniques. The purpose of the position is to support MilliporeSigma products in customer applications and to provide technical consultancy for the validation aspect of customer filtration & single-use processes.
- Building, managing, and growing a high-performing effective team with staff members that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Ensuring the E&L Laboratory has the appropriate capacity and capability set up to deliver on the business plan and objectives
- Managing change to continuously improve cycle time, right first time and rerun rate key performance indicators
- Coordinate on-time completion of customer projects & prioritize high visibility projects to meet aggressive timelines
- Maintaining equipment & ensuring they are fit-for-purpose
- Ensuring all the management-related activities and tasks (e.g., Performance Management Process, Compensation Review Cycle, Recruiting, Development, Learning) are completed on-time and in alignment with global and local HR policies
- Maintaining current industry and regulatory knowledge to provide the team with the most up to date information related to their E&L testing
- Participate in world-wide harmonization projects, goals, and initiatives among global Validation Services E&L laboratories
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a life science field (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working in regulated biotech/biopharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years of experience in laboratory management
- Experience in an Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- A high-energy leader - able to drive a team to execute our mission and to coach team members to collectively achieve excellent results in their respective areas of responsibility
- Clear communicator, both internally and towards our customers, working in a team environment and interfacing with various departments/geographies
- Strong organizational skills & laboratory management experience
- Curiosity and drive to succeed: individually and as a team; willingness to learn and lead by doing
- The ability to solve problems and develop reasoning related to test results
- The ability to multitask and handle different responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html