Show All Results
Integration Engineer for Instruments & Controls
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Integration Engineer for Instruments & Controls (Automated Analytical Systems Integration Engineer) will provide process controls engineering and instrumentation support for EMD Electronics globally. You will be a member of the Process Controls and Analytical Technology Engineering team contributing to the success of large CAPEX and OPEX projects worldwide.
The principal accountabilities include delivery of Integrated Laboratory Systems into the production line in close collaboration with Process/Safety/Chemical/OT and other engineering groups.
You are responsible for its detailed design, build-up, installation, and commissioning of the plant by co-working with external suppliers.
Be an internal authority in integration technology, bringing inputs from Instrument design, P&ID to produce an integrated Inline QC product to be deployed to the production lines. Ability to grasp sophisticated interrelations and translate customer requirements into innovative and robust technical solutions. You are keen in interfacing and closely collaborating with other fields, project management teams, Procurement and Construction firms during all project phases.
The preferred location for this role is Allentown or Hometown (Tamaqua), PA. You will be expected to spend 1 - 2 days on site each week.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Process Control, or related fields
- 3+ years’ proven experience in process control engineering
- Experience in working with P&ID
- Experience in plant automation programming (HMI/PLC likes of Siemens/Allen Bradley) using relevant tools, methods, and technologies
- Experience with system integration (software installation and configuration)
- Good knowledge of Hazard review and support Hazard/Operability review process
- Knowledge of basic Project management skills (including planning, stakeholder management, risk/issues management) is an added advantage
- Up to 10% travel, both domestic and international
- Master’s degree in Automation/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience working with Gases
- Knowledge in Process Analytical Technologies
- Knowledge of OT systems and interfacing (including instrument interfacing)
- Knowledge of EX protection (NEC500, ATEX, IECEx)
- Knowledge of performance of safety analyses for the design of plants and special equipment
- Knowledge in advanced process control technologies and experience in applications in process industries
- Knowledge of Metrology/High purity skillsets
- Ability to work on global, interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge in application of safety analysis for the design of plants and life safety controls
- Knowledge of working with various instruments (e.g., Pressure Transmitter/ Pressure Indicator Transmitter and general P&ID elements)
- Knowledge of C&I/Automation engineering
- Knowledge of Process Engineering
- Experience in working with Wonderware, Lab systems (GC, Spectrometer etc)
- Knowledge of OT systems and interfacing of Instruments to OT systems
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html