Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Principal Scientist will work within the Assay Development Services department as part of a scientific team, on application and custom assay development projects for the detection of various targets in the Diagnostics market on behalf of customers.
- Plan and implement application and custom assay development projects by designing and conducting experiments from feasibility through to validation.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and results and maintain accurate record-keeping in support of the design history file.
- Develop new processes, evaluate materials and specifications.
- Apply expertise in product performance tests for critical diagnostic raw materials (membranes, latex microspheres, antibodies) and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Write technical reports and other related procedures and protocols in support of these projects.
- Communicate clearly on project results to all team members and provide concise, effective communication to key stakeholders.
- Be a liaison for industry partners on projects, proposals and technical support
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality standards and environmental, health & safety legislations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, virology, immunology, or related field and 5+ years of related experience, or
- Masters in life sciences, similar field or equivalent and 3 years of related experience, or
- PhD in life sciences, similar field, or equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in IVD product/assay development preferably with some lateral flow experience and associated reader software knowledge.
- Additional skills in antibody screening, protein chemistry techniques (i.e. conjugation and analysis of proteins) would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently meet proposed timelines, competent use of project planning and project management skills.
- Good knowledge of quality system regulations and processes.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html