Show All Results
Senior Supply Chain Planner
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Supply Chain Planner supports contract manufacturing needs, by providing guidance, escalation of issues, and prioritization. In this role you would establish, manage, review, and communicate the master production schedule, to achieve Business Unit objectives. The Senior Supply Chain Planner is a mid-level technical position in the Supply Chain function. This role will report to the Supply Chain Manager for the Madison and Verona Life Sciences operation. The position is also expected to be a subject matter expert and can lead cross-functional supply chain improvements. The position can clearly communicate complex data in an easy-to-understand format.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work cross functionally with all support teams to ensure proper planning scheduling, procurement, material release, etc. is accomplished to support production.
- Review project opportunities and customer forecast to support aligned production plans.
- Support Sales and Operations Planning meetings. Focus areas include capacity, opportunities, and constraints at the site.
- Support operations and project management as required for customer meetings/inquiries.
- Create and maintain tools to drive performance tracking and improvement.
- Identify opportunities for refinement of scheduling strategies and process improvement.
- Develop and run long and short-term capacity models to identify potential operational constraints.
- Analyze and request lead time updates for produced items.
- Create, prioritize, and manage process orders.
- Manage and reduce lead time of materials and chemicals.
- Schedule production to meet customer demand and safety stock.
- Notify management of risk to production due to material availability.
- Ensure bulk material availability to adhere to production schedule.
- Partner with sourcing to identify and track alternate/new suppliers.
- Assist entire supply chain group in maximizing throughput and reducing costs.
- Miscellaneous duties & tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to scheduled hours.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in an office environment of Manufacturing, Production, Operations, Planning, or Supply Chain
- Desire to develop into leadership role
- APICS or equivalent certification (CPIM or CSCP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technical field (Supply Chain Management)
- Experience working with an MRP/ERP system
- Experience with SAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent, and innovative personality with effective communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Excel and/or Microsoft Project
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html