Show All Results
Digital Sales Account Manager (Remote) - East Coast/Mid Atlantic
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Digital Sales Account Manager is responsible for achieving all sales/growth targets, in an assigned territory through proactive (outbound) contact and overall account/territory management. This role will be field base and connecting with clients in the East Coast/Mid Atlantic territory. When not traveling you will be working from home and responsible for utilizing existing digital resources and explore new digital options to further sales and prospects. This role will be focusing on Academic Research account base and manage a named account territory ranging more than $4M depending on the role within the team and corresponding sales operating plan expectations.
This role can be in St. Louis MO, Chicago IL, Boston MA, New York NY, Houston TX, or Los Angeles CA.
Essential job functions:
- Proactively contact customers/accounts, identify customer needs, present value-oriented products/offers and subsequently generate a pipeline of short- and long-term opportunities that drive incremental growth
- Identify and implement tactics aimed at influencing run rate associated sales such as overall pricing strategy, custom opportunities, etc.
- Utilize existing digital resources and explore new options to further sales and prospects
- Engage with customers digitally through LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social selling tools
- Uses tools such as gap analysis, product knowledge or industry related information to identify and prioritize prospects to contact and generate opportunities, build new relationships etc.
- Demonstrate effective account management and selling skills including relationship management, prospecting, pipeline management, negotiating and closing
- Prepare and execute territory plans. Provide monthly updates detailing progress on the plan, justifies variances and indicates corrective action needed and/or taken
- Responsible for mapping key contacts, key labs, key decision makers to prioritize prospecting efforts, accounts, and opportunities
- Partner with specialists to serve customer needs and the greater sales strategy
- Utilizes all internal resources and systems to provide quotations and/or negotiate long term pricing for continue and incremental growth of the territory
- Participate in both product and sales training to further influence discussions with customers, maintain critical product and market knowledge and ultimately influence sales activities that drive incremental growth
- Enter all pipeline activity and updates into the CRM system, dashboard reports and any other reports as requested by management
- 15% of travel within the territory via car or plane to maintain relationships, identify new contacts, opportunities and/or for team meetings
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Chemistry, Biology or other Life Science field OR Business Administration, Economics, or other Business field
- 3+ years of work experience in Sales work experience and/or Life Science industry
- Sales within Life Science industry
- Knowledge of Academic Research work environment
- Direct experience in technical sales and/or demonstrated ability to manage smaller value, short-term sales as well as long term strategic sales
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Tech savvy and willingness to be an early adopter of new digital tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in salesforce.com
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html