Show All Results
Expert Data & Analytics f/m
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As a member of our team, you will support the end-to-end development and implementation of key use cases part of the data analytics roadmap for the Science & Laboratory Solutions (SLS) business division. As such, you will work with key business partners to detect opportunities for supporting business decisions or driving automation and improvement of business processes. You will plan and deliver analytical projects, translating business requirements into structured solutions, and will take full advantage of our applications and tools for data ingestion, transformation, and visualization. This position requires strong collaboration with other SLS business and data-driven teams, and central analytics departments (such as the Life Science Analytics Center of Excellence in particular), acting as a bridge and facilitating exchanges between business and D&A experts.
This position provides multiple opportunities to develop further both business awareness and technical D&A savviness.
Your main responsibilities include to participate in end-to-end project lifecycle, from business requirements analysis to launch and operation of applications ; to work closely with business users, and create solutions by setting the customer at the core and prototyping ideas to tackle complex business challenges ; to partner with data engineers, analysts & scientists to design data models & solutions, and work out the best possible balance between technical feasibility and business requirements.
Turn your curiosity into action and learn more about how we drive data and analytics here. https://www.merckgroup.com/en/careers/careers-in-our-businesses/career-in-group-functions/data-and-analytics.html
Who You Are:
- Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Analytics, or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data analytics roles in a complex matrixed and international environment, ideally in the Life Science, Pharmaceutical or Biotech. Previous experience in a business function (sales, marketing, etc.) is a real asset.
- Solid project management skills, and ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously (Agile development methodologies is a plus).
- Proven success in contributing to the advancement of projects and process improvements.
- Experience with Customer Segmentation and/or Stratification topics is a strong asset
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills; being able to analyze data, draw conclusions, identify trends and issues, and diagnose root cause of issues
- Solid experience in building dashboards with visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI). Proficiency in Palantir Foundry & in SQL. Experience in Python, R and/or Spark, including data manipulation & modelling
- Experience with or exposure to SAP ERP and/or other enterprise solutions such as Salesforce.com is a plus
- Proficiency in English is mandatory. German and/or in French is an asset
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html