Show All Results
Lead Manufacturing Technician
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience with Hazardous Waste Management.
- 1+ years experience in Manufacturing, Process Controls, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, SAP
- Associate's Degree in related fields such as Environmental Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Health and Safety Management, Occupational Health and Safety.
Main Special Skills/Abilities:
- Environmental Compliance / Hazardous Waste
- Basic Chemistry
- Water Treatment
- Fork Truck Operation
Secondary Special Skills/Abilities:
- Process Controls, Electrical
- Active in compliance with ISO 14001/45001 Standards
- Manage all environmental activities at the Hometown facility
- Manage and maintain satellite accumulation
- Schedule waste shipments (bulk and non-bulk)
- Manifest hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Manage plant water supply (sampling, treatment, maintenance, wells)
- Monitor sanitary sewer flow
- Supervise waste haulers and environmental contractors
- Coordinate pick-ups with all plants of waste
- Monitor all waste tank levels
- Inspect waste storage areas (hazardous and non-hazardous)
- Coordinate recycled KOH supply with local supplier
- Assist all plants with waste questions and issues
- Assist with waste profiles
- Create Purchasing Requisitions for environmental suppliers
- Approve waste invoices in SAP. Identify errors and correct
- Track and monitor all waste shipments, water usage, sewer flows
- Assist with waste reduction efforts
- Assist with audits and outside inspections EPA/DEP
- Assist with environmental operations procedures and MOC
- Escort drivers without contractor training
- Issue safety work permits as needed
- Manage recycled materials (metals, wood, plastic, glass) and trash
- On call 24/7/365
- Meet with vendors to discuss current and future needs
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html