Show All Results
VAT Expert with Italian (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This role may be done up to 60% remotely.
In your role you will be responsible for the indirect tax compliance and advisory activities in the countries across the European Union with the focus on Italian group companies / VAT registrations. As VAT Expert you are responsible for preparing, submitting and reviewing the periodic VAT returns as well as all related reporting such as EC Sales Lists, Intrastat etc. of our various companies, mainly located within Europe. You will handle all correspondence related to the various VAT registrations, including any foreign VAT registrations. In addition, you will support the global service center and other streams of the organization by advising on VAT related matters, identifying systems changes needed to remain VAT compliant, providing trainings and leading or supporting project teams.
Who you are:
- academic degree in Business Administration or related fields and advance training in taxation like tax advisor qualification
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the field of finance with focus indirect taxation in an international environment- either in industry or with other service providers
- profound knowledge of tax compliance, as well as Intrastat & ECS List reporting
- VAT accounting experience (within standalone entities and VAT groups)
- profound knowledge/experience with regards to the VAT legislation and VAT reporting obligations in Italy
- ability/qualification to provide an VAT E2E service for Italian VAT registrations
- ERP (SAP R3 and S/4 HANA) experience in reviewing individual transactions and reports
- experience with ERP (SAP) Tax determination processes and / or with other tax engines
- ERP deployment and transformation related project experience
- project lead experience regarding transformations or SAP projects
- advanced Excel-skills
- Experience working in a Shared Service organization, preferably with indirect tax means experience with definition and implementation of standards regarding the way of work and of the communication with the customer = “Template-Development-experience”.
- strong team player and a good understanding of governance and processes
- independence and a “can-do” attitude, whilst keeping the goals of the team in mind
- proficiency in English and Italian is a given - any other European languages a plus
Information how we process your personal data for recruitment purposes, you will find on registration form in our Recruitment Portal.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html