Show All Results
Senior Facility Supervisor
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Senior Facility Supervisor will direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to Facilities including on demand, preventive, and specialty work. Oversee site services including authoring any necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and interactions with key internal stakeholders (e.g. food service, janitorial, non-regulated waste management, pest control, etc.).
- Be accountable for timely execution of planned actions, within budget and respecting quality metrics.
- Manage relationships with external Facilities vendors including contracts, business reviews, safety adherence, and PO management.
- Communicate accomplished work by establishing priorities and tracking metrics.
- Evaluate Personnel performance and provide Guidance.
- Remain current on Environmental, Compliance, and Safety issues and technology changes.
- Offer solutions to recurring problems.
- Search for ways to create efficiencies and improve performance of the team.
- Plan, schedule and direct all work.
- Actively participate in the Facilities, Engineering and Maintenance Leadership Team.
- Work collaboratively with department leaders on project-based needs.
- Evaluate work requests for priority and management of resources and manage the work order backlog.
- Develop and revise new or existing facilities procedures and proactively identify process improvements for which you lead the implementation, creating a best-in-class facility management plan.
- Evaluate emergency response for building fire system issues and alarms to determine root cause and reoccurring trends.
- Solve technical problems of a diverse scope.
- Consistently demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Effectively communicate Change Management.
- Maintain exemplary housekeeping in areas of responsibility.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and reaching above the shoulders frequently.
- Complete Vision testing.
Who You Are:
- Associates degree in Facilities Management, Business, Operations management, or any other similar field.
- 3 + years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Business, Operations management, or any other similar field.
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize quickly based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to use good documentation practices.
- Give direction to contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Generate and lead process improvements.
- Excellent organizational, 5S skills and leadership skills.
- Self-motivation and high productivity skills.
- Accept direction and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for learning and working within new systems and software; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html