Show All Results
Senior SAN Storage Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This is a leadership role for all SAN, including DAS storage environments for the North and South America region. In this role, you will serve as a global team member with a cornerstone of SAN Storage landscape in the Americas region, with an additional focus on the global SAN landscape. The Senior SAN Storage Engineer will work closely with the server, DBA, network, backup, and archive administration teams as well as various other groups within the MilliporeSigma organization to support IT infrastructure strategies for various business demands. This person must have a working level of knowledge and experience with a broad base of adjoining technologies including virtualization software, wide and local area networks, and converged technology solutions. This position also requires that the candidate possess strong troubleshooting abilities to help maintain high levels of system uptime and performance. It also requires daily monitoring and caretaking as well as 24x7x365 on-call duties as assigned.
Location: United States Remote Role with travel to St. Louis, MO and Bedford, MA and Dallas, TX as needed.
Estimated travel onsite to St. Louis 5-10 times a year
Estimated travel onsite to Bedford, MA 1-2 times a year
Estimated travel onsite to Dallas, TX 4-6 times a year.
- Life Cycle Management of all SAN infrastructure devices (SAN Directors, Storage Virtualization systems, Backend storage
- On-time code and firmware upgrade of all SAN Storage equipment along with efficient compatibility assessment of all attached devices.
- On-time upgrade of all SAN environment supporting software
- Performance & Capacity Planning of storage and SAN resources
- Quarterly vendor alignment briefings and roadmap updates
- Design and develop data storage strategies and roadmaps in line with efficient and cost-effective technology trends
- Adopting and Using Data Protection solutions for DevOps, Reporting and Analytics
- SAN storage projects with detailed planning, documentation of configuration, working instructions and architecture diagrams.
- Inclusion of and collaboration with the global SAN storage team on projects and major activities
- Plan and complete projects that involve coordination with DBAs and VM administrators.
- Management of site-to-site data replication for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Compliance with MilliporeSigma configuration and GxP qualification standards for all projects and change activities.
- Communication administration for all system changes via the Millipore Sigma Change Control Processes
- Periodic technology roadmap meetings with the distributed team (Twice yearly at a minimum) in preparation for the following year/s budgeting.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring of junior team members
- Operations support for SAN related technical issues within the advertised SLAs
- Occasional travels to regional Data Centers
- The team is responsible for the support, operation, and recovery of SAN storage infrastructure including arrays, switches, converged platforms and supporting software
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or degree equivalent or IBM certification, other IT certifications.
- Minimum 5 years of IT administration or SAN storage experience
- Local and remote replication expertise (Brocade SAN Directors, IBM Suite of storage products, or relevant)
- Superb communication and team interaction skills
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation
- Proficient knowledge of IBM Storage Technology Suite (Spectrum Suite: SVC, Copy Data Management, Flash Copy Manager and Tivoli Storage Manager)
- Expertise in DC data remote replication, preferably with IBM Metro & Global Mirror technology
- NAS and Backup (TSM) expertise is an incentive for this position
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html