Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist - Stable Isotopes
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Production Scientist manufactures or evaluates stable isotope products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department. As an Associate Production Scientist the job fuctions are focused within a GMP laboratory environment. Job duties may include:
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure safety and quality throughout the process.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Perform routine synthetic processes, assays and/or unit operations, involving stable isotope compounds.
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interface with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedure independently.
- Ability to serve on committees to improve department, site or company performance. Committees may focus on safety, inventory, output, costs, etc.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a supervisor, or Production Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge.
- Wear proper PPE.
- Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
- Ability to to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for long periods of time.
- Ability to view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Computer skills
- Knowledge in Chemistry or Biochemistry, Math, and General Science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html