Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Production of antibodies for the healthcare industry, academia and applied segments play an increasingly important and impactful role in Merck’s business operations
The specificity of the antibody-antigen reaction, combined with the ability to link one or the other to fluorescent tags, enzymes, or other markers that makes antibodies such versatile tools in both basic and clinical research
- Leading, monitoring and measuring the production of polyclonal antibodies unconjugated (first Ab’s) and conjugated (second Ab’s - agarose, enzymes and dyes), ensuring that the products are produced efficiently, in the desired quality, quantity and cost.
- Performing all the activities required for polyclonal antibodies production while ensuring that the production is as efficient and cost effective as possible and that the antibodies are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Leading process improvement including introduction of new technologies of production processes, optimization of antibody production methods and improvement of product specifications to meet current market trends.
- Working according to written protocols/SOPs with emphasis on quality and safety requirements.
- Writing, reading, and reviewing technical papers, reports, reviews, and specifications.
- B.Sc./M. Sc. in Biology/Biochemistry/Immunology/Biotechnology or other relevant discipline and 2+ years of similar experience noted above.
- Good scientific knowledge and technical understanding of immunological processes and assays.
- Hands-on experience with AKTA chromatography systems – Significant advantage.
- Extensive hands-on experience and mastery of various protein separation techniques; protein A/G, SEC, ion exchange - Significant advantage.
- Experience with operation of polyclonal antibodies production - advantage.
- Experience with various antibody analysis methods - advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on several tasks or projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated and action-oriented to achieve results on time.
- Good team working abilities.
- Honesty and integrity, high level in English (high professional level).
- Technical, process orientation, problem solving computer system and equipment orientation.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html