Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
*$7,000 Sign-On Bonus for 12 hour Night Shifts*
Paid after 90 days of employment
The Associate Production Scientist at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls, WI, will manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department. Responsibilities include:
- Perform operations to meet quality expectations throughout the process
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles while in compliance with change control procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Resolve any unsafe conditions
- Train personnel
- Act as a technical consultant as needed
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Work in both a large-scale process environment and a glass lab environment
- Working with open chemicals; wearing of appropriate PPE (including respirator, hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suites, gloves, safety shoes)
- Routinely lifting up to 50 lbs
- Pushing and pulling heavy materials
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of work experience in a chemical production, laboratory, or chemical engineering role
- Strong knowledge of chemistry, math, and general science
- Chemical production experience on the glassware scale
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Independent chemistry research lab or industrial experience
- Process techniques and unit operations experience
- Analytical techniques and equipment experience
- Experience with safe chemical handling methods
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
12 hour night shift, 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM - 2/2/3 schedule (M/T on, W/R off, F/S/S on, M/T off, W/R on, F/S/S off, repeat)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html