Show All Results
Operational Technology Systems Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Systems Engineer in Operational Technology (OT) group, your primary responsibility will be to apply technical knowledge and systems administration skills to support, build, implement, and improve technology solutions. You will coordinate with systems architects in the design and implementation of systems and processes to meet business demand for new or existing applications / infrastructure .
- Support and troubleshooting of existing operations and infrastructure
- Communication and coordination with Information Technology departments and vendors to facilitate execution of projects and tasks
- Supporting OT integration engineers in design, implementation, documentation, and standardization of applications and systems
- Create gap analysis / action plans to address process, compliance, and system implementation concerns
- Perform migration of systems and applications to align with our company standards, including upgrades of existing systems
- Provide support and technical knowledge to Lab operations / OT, serving as an effective point of escalation
- Manage project expectations and report on progress
Need person to be local to Rockville, MD. Will be hybrid working model
Who You Are:
- Ability to implement mature troubleshooting workflows with a focus on root cause analysis
- Windows server administration
- Active Directory ( DNS, LDAP, Kerberos, GPO, FSMO Roles )
- Solid understanding of network layers 2+3, including VLANs, routing, and multicast/broadcast
- Comfortable with hands-on cabling, installation of technology related lab equipment
- Excellent customer service skills as well as technical excellence in all communications, whether client/vendor facing or internally.
- Ability to manage permissions for file services ( CIFS/Samba, NFS ) and filesystems ( NTFS, ext4, … )
- Understanding of PC and Server Hardware
- Windows workstation administration, preferably in a helpdesk role
- Scripting familiarity ( Bash, PowerShell, Robocopy, Perl/PHP/Python )
- Windows and Linux systems administration expertise, ability to review logs and troubleshoot application / system issues
- Linux server administration: PAM / SSSD, Samba, Puppet (preferred) / Ansible / Chef
- Storage - Basic understanding of block and file storage
- Virtualization Experience: Basic knowledge of VMWare
- Knowledge of manufacturing process systems and/or laboratory systems within a regulated industry ( GxP, GAMP / 21 CFR 11 )
- SSO Familiarity - SAML/oAuth, ADFS experience preferred
- Familiarity with Jira for daily tasks and organization, Confluence for documentation
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html