Show All Results
Senior EHS Specialist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Senior EHS Specialist to provide support within our EHS Team. You will be responsible for participation in leading the site EHS functions and for providing technical support to advance EHS requirements and programs for the site. This position will help drive continuous improvement initiatives to build a best-in-class safety culture and support the company goal of achieving and maintaining a hazard free workplace, injury free employees, and an unmatched commitment to environmental stewardship.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Occupational Safety or other Safety, Scientific or Engineering discipline
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- 5+ years of experience working with CA state and federal regulations (OSHA, EPA etc.), general industry concepts, practices & procedures, and permitting issues, data collection and reporting
- 9+ years of EHS experience with a focus on hazardous materials
- Capability to identify known or potential hazards and develop and implement proactive corrections in conjunction with Corporate EHS support and guidance
- Experience with incident investigation to include Problem-solving skills and Root Cause Analysis (5-Why, Fishbone, 4M, 5M or 6M)Familiarity with behavior-based safety
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers, and senior executives within the organization
- Proven leadership ability with good interpersonal skills to effectively respond to emergencies, constantly evolving situations, deadlines, or working conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work with management and diverse employee populations to develop and lead effective EHS programs in a matrix organization
- Experience conducting Safety and Environmental training and developing training material as required by site and corporate standards and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Experience managing and maintaining EHS recordkeeping systems to track EHS events, self-assessments, inspections, training, metrics, risk assessments, and corrective actions
- Familiarity with ISO 14001/45001 management systems
- Familiarity with building and fire codes
- Familiarity with OSHA’s HAZWOPER standard. Experience as an emergency responder a plus
- Understanding of EHS management system (ISO45001/ISO14001) and OSHA 511/521 (or equivalent)
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices (OSHA, DOT or COI experience)
Pay Range for this position - $49,500 - $148,900
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html