Show All Results
Senior Analyst - IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) Backup Administrator
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
Job Title: Backup Administrator
Job Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
- Implementing, upgrading, and maintaining Backup & Archive infrastructure across organization, including the delivery and documentation of the ITSM processes like Capacity and availability management, Performance management, life-cycle management, patch and vulnerability management, Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability, Security and hardening, Audit & Compliance, etc.
- Alongside standard backup engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend innovative and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
- Work with stakeholders and customers to understand backup utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
- As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
- 3-5 years of overall experience as a Backup administrator (L1/L2)
- Good hands-on experience in IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) as a primary skill (v7.0, v7.5 and V8.x etc)
- Proficient in creation and configuration of backup policies, policy domains, storage pool creation.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of agent-based backups like TSM for VE, TDP for Oracle/SQL/SAP/Hana.
- Troubleshoot issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Knowledge on Commvault Backup would be an advantage
- Experience on Linux, Aix Operating systems - ability to write and modify scripts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with technical teams
- Knowledge on ITIL processes
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html