Show All Results
Senior OT System Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As a System Engineer in Operational Technology, you will apply technical knowledge and systems administration skills to support, build, implement and improve technology solutions.
- Work in conjunction with IT and OT teams as well as the wider project groups to ensure that the site is aligned with Merck corporate strategy for plant digitization processes
- Implementation, documentation, and standardization of applications and systems
- Gathering business requirements, facilitating design, and coordinating the implementation of solutions
- Communication and coordination with Information Technology departments and vendors to facilitate completion of projects and tasks
- Support and troubleshooting of existing operations and infrastructure
- Creating gap analysis/action plans to address process, compliance, and system implementation concerns
- Align the migration of systems and applications with Merck standards, including upgrades of existing systems
- Implementation and improvement of internal processes within OT
- Provide support and technical help to Manufacturing and Lab operations/OT
- Work cohesively with different departments and disciplines
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects for running systems
- Perform user trainings including security requirements
- Interact with all parts Information Technology division and directly with the organization’s business to gather requirements, facilitate design, and co-ordinate implementation of solutions that satisfy demand for infrastructure services
- Project management and engineering on small to large multidisciplinary capital projects from initiation through start-up and closure documentation.
- Responsible for planning of project design, construction, commissioning, and related resources to provide safe, complete, and functional facilities
- Develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer requests and opportunities
- Provide technical support for other departments in the form of system design, training, or process improvement
- Perform duties at an elevated degree of professionalism, independence, and sense of ownership
- Accountable for successful IT/OT engineering project execution including definition of milestones, timeline, budget, and stakeholders. May also include clarification of project scope. Receives minimal guidance or works independently. Acts as a senior advisor and mentor within the team and beyond and may even serve as best practice resource within own discipline or as technical expert on cross functional teams or projects
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree is in Controls Engineering, Computer Science, or other Technology discipline OR a Biology, Chemistry, or other Life Science discipline
- 2 + years of experience working with Information Technology and Operational Technology
- Experience with configuring & operating virtual machine and virtual network technology (VMs, VLANs)
- Hands on experience in configuration, installation, diagnosis, & maintenance of OT systems hardware and software
- Experience with planning & programming DCS, SCADA, MES, and ERP systems
- MBA Degree
- Controls engineering experience in chemical, food, or pharmaceutical manufacturing in Capital projects management with responsibilities in projects design, engineering, equipment, execution, contractor management, and documentation
- Conceptual understanding on Hyper-Converged, Tier Storage, Backup, Archival & Disaster Recover
- Experience with Siemens PCS7
- Experience with Cyber Security, Data Integrity, GAMP, GLP &
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html