Show All Results
Quality Control Supervisor
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises support activities within multiple QC labs.
- Oversees the metrology team that ensures that the analytical instrumentation is operating effectively and reliably through the calibration program.
- Leads team involved in instrument initiation and retirement.
- Coordinates service contracts for external services needed to maintain the lab instrumentation and schedules visits from external service providers.
- Manages the digital team that is responsible for hardware and software functionality as well as the role responsible for programming needs for the department.
- Responsible for ensuring the department is fully compliant in all corporate Data Integrity policies and procedures.
- Provides technical advice to resolve instrumental or software issues.
- Makes recommendations for capital equipment and operational budgets.
- Manages the team involved in lab supply ordering and inventory.
- Manages team involved with the LIMS system implementation, improvements, and maintenance.
- Works with team to develop new and agile technological advancements to improve processes and drive efficiency.
- Hires and mentors a team of experts, gives timely feedback to achieve outstanding performance and develop employees for growth.
- Ensures that employees are trained in all safety, PPE, regulatory, ISO, and MilliporeSigma QMS (Quality Management) procedures.
- Keeps accurate and timely documentation of employee performance, along with timely feedback. Responsible for maintaining confidential information of employees.
- Serves as resource for employees, customers, vendors, and affiliates.
- Assists in the investigation of customer complaints.
- Maintains and improves our QMS (Quality Management Systems).
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance of training, documentation, and calibration programs.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Associate Degree in Chemistry or other Life/Physical Science OR Associate Degree in a Computer Science, Programming, or other Technology field
- 3+ years of technical production or quality experience
- 1+ year of demonstrated leadership ability
- Previous demonstrated leadership ability, including excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Advanced technical knowledge in chemistry (emphasis on analytical and organic) combined with strong business aptitude and ability to apply risk-benefit analysis
- Outstanding attendance and adherence to schedule
- Understanding of ISO quality standards
- Experience in Analytical Chemistry
- Ability to solve problems and mentor others in problem-solving situations
- Ability to function in a team environment and delegate in a high volume, high data environment with challenging priorities
- Basic understanding of analytical tools and equipment
- Understanding of safe chemical handling practice
- Ability to adapt, self-motivate, and critically think
- Organization and time management skills
- Skilled in making decisions and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html