Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician 3
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Technician 3 is a processor that has proven their abilities to operate consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. They are responsible for safely executing manufacturing processes and ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved.
This is a night shift role (6:00pm – 6:00am) with a competitive shift differential and rotating 2 week schedule (Week 1 - Mon,Tue, Fri, Sat / Week 2 - Sun, Wed, Thurs), which includes every other weekend. Weekends and holidays are required. Rotation to the other shifts as needed to ensure full staffing of those shifts.
- Performing production and sampling operations per approved manufacturing procedures.
- Following equipment setup for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices.
- Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a production operation.
- Notify technical lead or supervisor for critical in-process decisions based on analytical data.
- Expectations include properly dispose of waste using department protocols.
- Thoroughly document all production activities.
- Maintain equipment according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices.
- Assist in preparation of Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines.
- You will also have goals of developing and assisting in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas.
- At times customer interaction potential and audit questioning elevates the responsibilities of this position
- Lift and carry up to 80 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- AA in life science area with applicable experience working in a similar environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (i.e., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html