Show All Results
VAT Specialist (all genders)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role may be done up to 60% remotely
In your role you will be responsible for the indirect tax compliance and advisory activities in the countries across the European Union. As VAT Senior Specialist you are responsible for preparing and submitting the periodic VAT returns as well as all related reporting such as EC Sales Lists, Intrastat etc. of our various companies, mainly located within Europe. You will handle all correspondence related to the various VAT registrations, including any foreign VAT registrations. In addition, you will support the global service center and other streams of the organization by advising on VAT related matters, identifying systems changes needed to remain VAT compliant, providing training and supporting project teams.
Who you are:
- academic degree in Business Administration or related fields
- at least 2 -3 years of work experience in the field of finance and taxation, experience in EMEA VAT compliance - either in industry or with other service providers
- knowledge of tax compliance, as well as Intrastat & ECS List reporting
- ERP (SAP R3 and S/4 HANA) experience in reviewing individual transactions and reports and experience with ERP (SAP) Tax determination process and / or with other tax engines
- VAT accounting experience
- ERP deployment and transformation related project experience
- advanced Excel-skills
- experience in working in a Shared Service Organization, preferably with indirect tax
- strong team player and a good understanding of governance and processes
- independence and a “can-do” attitude, whilst keeping the goals of the team in mind
- proficiency in English is a given - any other language is a plus
Information how we process your personal data for recruitment purposes, you will find on registration form in our Recruitment Portal.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html