Show All Results
Study Director and Study Monitor, Expert in General Toxicology Studies
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Work activities will concern the management of preclinical safety studies in laboratory animals, rodent and non-rodent species, as study director or responsible scientist and the monitoring of outsourced studies. The role includes: management and coordination of pharmacokinetic and toxicology studies in rodent and non-rodent studies as study director or responsible scientist; preclinical study management requires a good knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Research Practice (GRP) rules and their application; monitoring of outsourced preclinical safety studies at CROs; planning, execution of preclinical studies and evaluation of experimental data; performing treatments, collection of biological samples and clinical observations; carrying out diagnostic, clinical and instrumental evaluations; responsible of the study plan preparation (draft and final) for the conduction of preclinical studies, the control of the in vivo phases, the scientific evaluation and interpretation of the experimental data and the release of the draft and final reports; coordinating the activities relevant to the preclinical studies with various laboratories; responsible for the development of new experimental methods; optimizing the working quality standards (GLP / GRP); training of the technical staff of the laboratory; writing or reviewing of operational procedures and related staff training; actively contributing to animal welfare; active collaboration to maintain the quality of animal welfare by supporting the activities of the local designated veterinarian.
Who you are:
- Doctor in Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Specialization or PhD in related matters
- Italian mother tongue (preferably and fluent in the English language
- Knowledge of new pharmaceutical preclinical development process
- Scientific expertise in preclinical safety (toxicology and safety pharmacology); interpretation and evaluation of study experimental results
- Communication skills with the technical and scientific staff in the laboratories and with laboratories/groups involved in the preclinical studies
- Managerial skills to monitor and supervise the study conduction
- Leadership skills to act as a mentor for peers and staff; good coordination capacity in tasks assigned and in laboratory activities management
- Good problem-solving ability related to study conduction within the department or studies conducted in collaboration with other departments or external structures
- Ability to identify and resolve critical issues for the optimization of the working process
- Capacity to build positive inter-personal relationships
- Animal welfare knowledge
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html