Show All Results
Senior Technical Expert, APAC/ Life Science (Tokyo)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
**This role will cover biotech/pharma companies in the Asia Pacific region (excluding China) **
Department: Customer Applications, Contract Testing Services
Report to: Head of Customer Application APAC (in Singapore)
Direct report: 0
Org size: 50+ under CTS Commercial APAC (9 under Customer Application)
Focusing countries (APAC): Focusing on Japan as priority, the rest could be Korea, Singapore, India currently.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the company as a Senior Technical Expert/ Specialist Biological Safety Testing within the Field Technology Management team. Based on a strong understanding of current and anticipating future customer, market and regulatory needs, the Senior Technical Expert/Specialist position is responsible for providing scientific excellence for the APAC (excluding China) customers in the biologics market. The candidate will serve as an experienced technical expert/ specialist in biological safety testing of biologics, vaccines and novel biotherapies for large pharma and biotechnology companies. For this expert-level technical position, it would be an advantage to have a solid working knowledge of biotechnology manufacturing principles and processes.
- Educated to Ph.D. level (Life Sciences or a relevant scientific field) or equivalent experience. M.Sc. degree will be considered for applicants with extensive experience in the pharma/biotechnology field
- At least 3~5 years of relevant extensive experience in biologics and/or vaccines and/or novel biotherapies manufacturing and/or analytical assay development and applications
- Must be familiar with Analytical, Immunological, Cell Culture and Molecular techniques
- Prior experience of working in a R&D, Quality (QA, QC), CMC/Regulatory or manufacturing environment of vaccines/biologics. Or technical support/sales, customer facing technical specialist etc., (e.g. in testing service provider company) with above must to have industry and technology area.
- Experience working within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with regulatory agencies
- Advanced presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complex technical/ scientific topics to customers
- High business level verbal and written communication and presentation skills in both English and Japanese languages
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals
- Ability to effectively communicate and build working relationships with internal teams/customers(external)
- Willingness to travel in the APAC region on average 30% of the time. Some international travel required
Recruiting Contact: Fang Liu
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html