Show All Results
Distribution Associate 3
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Distribution Associate 3 at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will be accountable for quality of own work; provides solutions to problems based on practice, existing precedents or procedures; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Impacts the effectiveness of own work team through quality of services or information provided; typically acts as an informal resource for less experienced colleagues.
- Starting pay rate is $22.34/hour! Also, earn a $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 90 days, if hired for this role!
- Operate required equipment to produce documents for workload
- Locate, move, deliver or return all required materials to proper areas
- Accurately document all movement of materials
- Audit inventory locations to maintain inventory and location accuracy
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions
- Works with team leads and supervisors to troubleshoot systems issues
- Assists with training new employees
- Operates both powered and manual material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Receives material from outside vendors
- Scans or meters product into the shipping system
- Prepare or procure materials and required documentation for shipments, verifies that all the appropriate markings and labels are present, and ensures all packages comply with company procedures and DOT, IATA, and IMO regulations, making corrections when necessary
- Selects orders for processing
- Processes canning of material
- Schedules dock appointments for carriers and occasionally loads freight
- Communicates with Procurement any discrepancies or product issues
- Process CONF and Dropship orders for shipment
- Communicates with Customer Interface Departments on shipping issues; expedites priorities
- Follows all good distribution practices (GDP), where applicable
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management
- Condenses, straightens, and maintains warehouse areas
- Other miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
While performing the duties of the job, this employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. May occasionally wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold. May involve lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of work experience in a warehouse or logistics environment
- 1+ year of experience operating sit-down forklifts
- Prior experience with hazardous materials
- Knowledge of shipping regulations
- Strong professional communication skills to interact with all levels of staff, both orally and written
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Proficiency with computers, scanners, printers, CRTs, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines, etc.) and various cutting instruments
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html