Show All Results
Hazardous Goods Compliance Specialist
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer problems and opportunities. Provide project management and engineering on small to large multidisciplinary capital projects from initiation through start-up and closure documentation. Provide support and mentoring to other engineering and engineering support personnel.
- Manage all documentation legally required for DOT compliance test reports.
- Recertification of DOT 4B
- POP test reports for overpack and combination packaging
- Variation 5 reports for all variants of standard packaging
- Liaison with testing authorities internal and external
- Maintain closure instructions
- Represent group in DOT audits
- Evaluate problems, identify opportunities, and develop solutions
- Lead team in the development and maintenance of DOT compliance
- Work with vendors on DOT compliance design improvements and modifications
- Focal point for all DOT compliance & regulation for designs at several sites
- Attend seminars, conferences, and training to maintain and expand technical expertise
- Lead or support departmental DOT compliance & regulation process improvement efforts
- Work with other departments such as operations, marketing, and quality to understand the challenges they face and develop solutions
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
- 5+ years experience in a design, production, or custom manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of DOT compliance & regulation experience
- Experience working with hazardous and/or high purity chemicals
- Experience with process hazard analysis/reviews
- Safety mindset
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and ability to thoroughly document work
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Motivated independent learner
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html