Show All Results
Patient Support Specialist, Patient Solutions & Support Programs (Remote)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Patient Support Specialist will be directly responsible for facilitating access to EMD Serono products by providing patient access and reimbursement assistance as well as support for patients, family members, caregivers, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, and internal colleagues.
- Provide high-level customer service to both internal (salesforce, field patient support, nurses) and external customers (patients, physicians, pharmacies, insurers).
- Work on the patient’s behalf to identify and assess reimbursement coverage options for those with insurance and to coordinate and/or investigate financial options for those without insurance.
- Work with third-party vendors responsible for benefits verification and coverage requests to ensure the information obtained is accurate and timely.
- Work with physician offices and/or pharmacies to facilitate the process of obtaining prior authorization from third-party payers to maximize patients’ access to treatment.
- Communicate to patients or providers relative to insurance coverage with certain carriers and/or plans.
- Help support the appeal process, with consent from the patient, caregiver, and/or the provider.
- Maintain a collaborative approach with members of the call center team and demonstrate the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality to information while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Shift availability between: 9:00am - 5:30pm EST or 9:30am - 6pm EST, dependent on team needs.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 1+ year of reimbursement and/or customer care experience in a medical, health insurance, pharmacy, or health care industry OR
- High School Diploma or GED with 4+ years of reimbursement and/or customer care experience in a medical, health insurance, or pharmacy, or health care industry
- Experience in Salesforce
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Data entry experience
- Possess a winning mindset and enjoy collaborating in a team environment
- Customer-centric mentality
- Proven organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Comfortable with running multiple systems at the same time
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to empathize
- Ability to prioritize and maintain flexibility
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html