Show All Results
Product Specialist. Digital Sales, Houston (Remote)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking a Product Specialist. The Specialist will support the growth strategy for the custom oligonucleotide portfolio across all market segments by leveraging all communication channels including phone, email, social, video, and face-to-face as warranted. This role is responsible for establishing and executing business plans and sales strategies to defend, develop and differentiate the business with clear growth expectations. Internal cross-functional collaboration and creating value externally are key to this position.
Specialists are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of the digital sales strategy, impactful proactive (outbound) and reactive (inbound) activities, territory/account management, account mapping and travel (if appropriate based on account and opportunity size). The ideal candidate is curious, has strong technical knowledge of molecular biology/genomics, is results oriented and has a strong consultative-based selling skill set. Experience in utilizing a technology stack to accelerate the sales process is preferred. An agile, highly collaborative, and early adopter mindset are key skills to ensure success in this role. Position Responsibilities:
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by leadership
- Effective execution of the defined sales strategy
- Efficiently manage territory through account mapping, planning and engagement with key stakeholders within an account including end users, KOLs (key opinion leaders) and procurement
- Maintain a level of technical and application competence associated with the specialist portfolio and utilize this knowledge to add value to the customer to ensure a personal and relevant approach with solutions and consultative selling approaches
- Submission of accurate forecasts and updates as requested on a timely basis
- Maintain effective and professional communication with internal and external customers
- Cross collaboration with other sales, technical, customer excellence, marketing, operations, and product management professionals to mutually support customers
- Schedule and execute campaigns, promotions and product demonstrations within the defined territory
- Manage an effective pricing strategy to drive growth
- Ability to travel as necessary for meetings, training and customer visits if applicable
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Life Sciences or in Business
- 2+ years of sales experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability working with various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at the territory and account levels
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all role levels to close the sales process
- Business acumen applied to the Life Science market
- Technical competency demonstrated in and around a genomic portfolio including product knowledge, product application and product positioning for each market segment
- Experience with genomics, molecular diagnostics, PCR, qPCR, NGS and gene knockdown
- Experience selling custom configurable products
- Digital and social media savvy
- Knowledge of multiple supply chain procurement processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated teamwork to achieve results
- Sales competency which includes selling skills including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, account mapping, pricing strategy, negotiation, navigating complex buying cycles, and closing skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in customer complaints and leveraging the appropriate internal support functions to ensure customer solutions are driven in a timely manner so the role can continue to focus on territory growth
- Experience presenting technical content to a variety of customers including bench scientists and C-suite executives
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html