Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Scientist will evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others, and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations, ensuring quality expectations are met throughout the process
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g. maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate in quality audits
- Identify & improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles in compliance with change control procedures under the guidance of a supervisor or Scientist
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Wear personal protective equipment or chemical protective clothing for extended periods
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or other Life Science discipline
- OR –
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of working in a laboratory environment within the life sciences industry
- Experience performing a wide variety of immunological assays
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling methods
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Familiarity with ELISA, Multiplex (MPX), RIA or SMC assays
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html