Show All Results
Associate Scientist 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as an Associate Scientist 1, you will perform a wide variety of routine tasks to support the virus production team in the growth of regulatory compliant virus banks, under the oversight of the Scientist. You will conduct routine tasks to support GLP/GMP operations and will ensure laboratories / equipment are maintained in the validated state.
- Works within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and relevant compliance regulations
- Maintains Laboratory SOP books ensuring removal of superseded versions (where required)
- Performs cell culture activities, virus growths and virus decontamination
- Performs all activities to ensure virus batches are completed timely
- Records data to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards
- Informs relevant personnel immediately when any deviation has occurred and acts according to instruction to raise a deviation
- Maintains stock control in the laboratory and order consumables / reagents
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring activities, updating electronic records both promptly and accurately
- Maintains laboratory logbooks, batch records and workbooks according to Good Documentation Practice requirements
- Possible overtime and weekend shifts occasionally
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, etc.)
– OR -
- Associate Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, etc.) with 2+ years of laboratory experience
– OR -
- High school diploma or GED with 4+ years of laboratory experience
- Experience with entry of data into databases (LIMS, ELN, SAP etc…)
- Experience with documentation (both handwritten and electronic) neatly and accurately
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html