Show All Results
Senior System Consultant Global Monitoring
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
In the role of a System Consultant, you are part of our international Infrastructure Operational Service Monitoring Team.
You are responsible for the Monitoring Event Management based on the Netcool/Omnibus Technology. In this role you will have strong influence on the design of the strategic Monitoring Architecture. You are part of our Monitoring Service Delivery Unit and manage the related support tickets, the associated technical changes and new demands as well as deal with Outages. Moreover, you will drive the continuous improvement and automation of our Event Monitoring.
In addition, we are using additional enterprise Monitoring Technologies like SCOM and ICINGA and you should have the interest to get to know such solutions as well.
If you are curious and ambitious to take up this challenge, apply today and you will shape the Monitoring Event Management in IT Infrastructure to the next level!
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or a comparable field
- Proven track in working in Information Technology, especially Monitoring Technologies & Trends
- Strong interest on latest Monitoring Technologies & Trends
- You are able to design the Monitoring Architecture, establish and further expand Monitoring Automation and drive Monitoring Engineering
- You can manage Configurations, Incidents & Changes and have experience in driving the Deployment of new releases & products
- You have basic IT Service Management knowledge and have experience to work with associated tools (e.g., ServiceNow IT Service Management).
- Experience in Monitoring Event Management based on Netcool/Omnibus Technology is a recommended asset but could also be learnt on the job.
- Interest to learn additional monitoring technologies is a plus (like SCOM, ICINGA, etc.)
- You possess a solid understanding of complex processes and very good conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are committed, reliable, solution-oriented and pragmatic
- You have a "can do" attitude and welcome new challenges. You like working on multiple tasks in parallel and are ready to take on responsibility from day one
- You are an excellent team player who takes accountability and thinks cross functional
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html