Show All Results
Regional Account Manager - CA
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Senior Account Manager is an experienced field based commercial role selling MilliporeSigma’s Biosafety Testing Services to customers across Northern California. You understand the industry well and proactively identify and understand client needs to potentially impact organizational results. Life Science Services (LSS) is the world's largest provider of pharma and biopharma GMP manufacturing and biologics safety testing. Exceptional industry knowledge and sales skills are required to promote and sell in the territory to achieve or exceed the sales targets. You would be able to work remotely while proactively driving growth in the sales territory, by being highly self-motivated, assertive, and well organized, with excellent time management. You would be able to build relationships, communicate clearly and be collaborative.
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual target is achieved, by gaining and maintaining market share through competitive conversions, customer expansions, and timely reaction to customer inquiries
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and seed your business for both short- and long-term revenue growth
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain regular presence within territory
- Identify your customer’s needs/goals/challenges and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of Biosafety Testing services and/or knowledge/expertise.
- Inform, train and influence customers.
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs/drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinate appropriate resources for customer visits
- Provide, an accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory.
- Utilize sales tools regularly and properly to gain efficiencies and to document customer interactions (CRM, tablets, literature, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with business partners (customer service, technical service, field marketing, technology management, demand planning, etc.)
- Travel requirement within sales territory is approximately 50%, with minimal international travel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related Life Science discipline
- At least 8 years of commercial sales experience in the biotech industry
- At least 5 years of experience selling services to pharma and biopharma companies, supporting biologic molecular productions
- Full understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations
- Ability to generate accurate business forecasts, understand pricing and can articulate value all while effectively using negotiation tactics to increase wallet share within and organization
- Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation and anticipates areas of conflict, manages disagreement, and works toward resolution
- Self-reliant and self-directed with the ability to effectively identify problems and create resolutions internally (PM, Ops, etc.) and externally.
- Looks at our business globally – works to understand the local impact of a territory across a global account network, Client partners/CDMOs and puts actions in globally
- Solid mentorship skills with the ability to allow others to learn from you.
- Identifies downstream impact of decisions and communicates risks; involves stakeholders early, connecting stakeholders at client site to stakeholders in our internal business
- Identifies need for and contributes to building a solid business case as needed by bringing together stakeholders to support a decision
- Understands the market very well, proactively researches customers and goes to the next level of depth to understand their needs
- Anticipates complex business issues that may impact organizational results
- Leverages regular Business Review Meetings to gain insight and drive further alignment
- Work with our business partners to develop cross-discipline relationships up to the C-suite.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html