Show All Results
Principal Automation Engineer, Sheboygan Falls, WI
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Location for this role is on-site in Sheboygan Falls, WI with the ability to work hybrid as projects permit.
The Principal Automation Engineer will provide Process Controls Engineering support for EMD Electronics globally. The successful candidate will become a member of the Process Controls team within Process Development Engineering. Support will be distributed among large capital projects, process improvements in existing plants, and general automation engineering support.
The principal accountabilities include the development of front-end process control designs for novel chemistries starting with the design of process control architectures in collaboration with process engineers and IT. You will participate in continuous improvement efforts based on empirical, data driven or first principle process models.
You will interface with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during bid and project execution phases. You are keen on collaborating with Research & Development to transition new technologies to plant-scale, on supporting plant commissioning activities as well as on participating in plant start-ups.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ Years of relevant experience
- Acumen in process engineering.
- Advanced knowledge in OT and DCS infrastructure design, software engineering and IT security.
- Experience in plant automation programming (DCS/PLC/SCADA) using relevant tools, methods and technologies.
- Experience with SIEMENS PCS7, Allen Bradley or GE Fanuc tools.
- Basic knowledge in application of safety analysis for the design of plants and life safety controls.
- There is a 25% travel expectation for this role, both domestic and international travel.
- Master’s degree in Automation/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge in Process Analytical Technologies.
- Knowledge in advanced process control technologies and experience in applications in process industries.
- Ability to work on global, interdisciplinary teams.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html