Show All Results
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Salary: $28 - $33 per hour plus annual bonus ** This position also has $1,000 sign on bonus**
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician, you’ll ensure a consistent and stable operation by maintaining infrastructure assets at our Savannah, GA site. You will be responsible for performing daily preventive, planned, and emergency work in an efficient manner and help drive state-of-the-art technology. Job responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace motor starter buckets, motor control centers, lighting, transformers, relays, contractors, (AC/DC) motors, electrical outlet ground faults, circuit breakers and power panels, line and control fuses, and electrical outlets
- Account for all activities within the area of responsibility including maintenance, quality, health, safety, security, and environmental activities
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, or replace flow, level, temperature, pressure control valves, pressure transmitters, and pressure switches.
- Use test equipment, field calibrators, shop equipment, handheld communicators, and other necessary hand tools
- Support the management system by ensuring their area is complying with Standard Operating Procedures, Management of Change, Notification of Change, and other required activities
- Inspect and test equipment to identify malfunctions or defects
- Maintain high standards for housekeeping, safety, and environmental compliance
- Perform maintenance for on-site and help meet department objectives
- Drive innovation and operational excellence including BPS, through continuous improvement and participation in Lean & Six Sigma
- Prepare and maintain records detailing test, repairs, and maintenance
- Detect and report faulty operation, defective material, and equipment
- Cover on-call hours, including weekends and holidays in addition to standard business hours
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Currently hold an Electrical Technician Certification from an accredited institution or through an accredited apprenticeship program
- 1+ years of experience in electrical maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in electrical maintenance
- 3+ years of experience in preparing and maintaining records detailing test, repairs, and maintenance activities
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate information at the appropriate level of the audience
- Strong, problem solving and computer skills
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute multiple tasks or projects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html